Monday, August 4, 2008

the UPs and downs....

Well it has been a bittersweet week in my family. My Grandma Haaga passed away August 1st. She had another stroke the same day Darchelle went into labor...My poor day one sec he is so excited that he is going to be a Grandpa and then he gets a phone call that his mom had a stroke. She has had a stroke a couple of years ago and had been developing Alzheimer's and this stroke was a really bad one they said she wasn't going to make it, she wasn't able to eat, swallow or really move anymore so they took her off of her meds and oxygen and had her on morphine till she passed. So even though we are going to miss her soo much we are happy that she gets to be with her husband and family again and is now back home to our Heavenly Father!! She really was the Sweetest Grandma she always said how beautiful we were and always gave us hugs and was always so positive.
Another thing is my brother Traven on his mission had to be rushed to the hospital because he developed a hole in his lung, its called Pneumothorax. He had a really sharp pain in his chest and was trying to breathe. Right now they are trying to figure out the surgery for him to have it in Texas or to bring him home so my parents can be with him. The mission president decided it would best to send him home but the doctor said it didn't heal enough to fly home yet so that is still in the air. My mom, I feel so bad she is so strong and is hanging in there. Traven is the cutest kid and so sweet and he just has such a positive attitude.
Now on a good and more happy note My sister was able to bring her baby home Sunday afternoon and I was able to fly home!! I flew home Saturday evening for the funeral and it was a plus to be able to hold my NEW nephew I go back Wed. morning, bummer I miss home so much it feels so good to be in Utah the smell of my moms home was amazing to me!!! and the weather I will never again complain about the heat in Utah, ok maybe not we will see, but I forgot how much I missed Utah summer nights they are so relaxing Austin, Texas is just gross and humid 24/7. Well I have pics of the new babe but I am having trouble so I will try to post later.

5 comments:

Carson said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandma I hope all is well with your brother, I hate when family is sick of hurt, our paryers will be with you and your family.

Alli said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma and Traven, hope everything gets better for him! But congrats to your sister! You are going to love being an aunt, it is so much fun!!

RIndi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. Losing a loved one can be so hard but I really don't know how people can handle it without the gospel! Even with that knowledge, it can still be super hard and I'm so sory! Me and my husband will be praying for you guys. And congrats on being an aunt.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

OH I am so sorry Cherelle... that makes me sad. I hope everything goes OK with your brother. You have a lot of stuff going on that is hard! That will be fun to see your new addition. I hope you have a good time on your trip up... can't wait to see you!

melissa said...

Cherelle!! I talked to Linsday Forbes-Glauser the other day and she said you came home for your grandma, i was in shock! I couldn't believe it, so be expecting a call from me soon, i really couldn't be more sorry about everything! Your fam is strong and i know they all stick together-there in our prayers! If you ever need to talk, please know i'm a phone call away:). I can't wait for you guys to come home, i seriously miss you! Hang in there cherelle, i hope everything works out for your family and of course for Traven!