Thursday, February 10, 2011

A little Awkward...

So I had a little awkward experience today while pumping some gas.
As I was standing holding the broken pump and my fingers about to fall off a lady speedily pulls up and says

ma'am I don't mean to bother you but could I borrow $5 dollars for some gas (as I'm watching my gas keep adding up and adding up)
Her excuse: I need to drive up to Nephi and pick up my son. but I was thinking this is so awkward cause I didnt want to be rude, but at the same time I do, I kinda wanted to just ignore her or say a blunt NO.

Really I felt torn.
But Me uummmmmmmmm.
and at this point I did notice I was still holding my wallet and card in my hand. but I said well I'm not sure if I have any cash but can look in my car.
She said well do you think you can just swipe your card on my side and do just like $5. SERIOUSLY What!! are you kidding me Right away I said NO I'm not going to do that but I can see if I have cash in my car.
She said oh thank you so much. (sure sure whatever is spinning in my head) So I find a $1.50 and gave in and gave it to her. I don't know I still feel so awkward about that situation but Ill get over it. Still Who does that? I guess people like her.






I love how Ethan looks like he is trying to attack and choke Kyn but really he is the biggest sweetheart and just wanted to give her a hug and of course feisty kynlee was not having it.





Kynlee's new Jensus "princess" pj. It sounds just like Jesus, kinda caught me of guard but finally mom got what she was saying. (she was definitely not up for a picture)

2 comments:

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute and getting so big. I seriously can't even picture her talking. I love in that picture how she has on the PJ's, sippy cup, and princess in her hand. Kids are so funny! I love the whole princess things with little girls...

Oh and I've had an experience like yours where someone came up to me in the parking lot at Walmart and asked for 10 bucks... I hate that situation. I can't believe she wanted you to swipe your card.

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Oh I seriously hate being put in those situations. Especially because you don't know if you're being scammed or not... It's definitely awkward. I always feel so flustered afterward too!

Good thinking on not swiping your card though...what the weird?!

Love your pics too!